This policy was last adjusted in August 2016.
Roma Explorers Inn has engaged MAS Country as the sales and marketing company. MAS Country (hereafter referred to as MAS) sends each of our subscribers regular email communications containing information and deals which are deemed to be valuable to our customers. Our emails may contain paid advertising material. Subscription to our emails occurs either through:
- A user placing a booking with MAS, leaving the subscription box ticked and accepting our booking terms & conditions
- Following a user's request to add their email address in the subscribe box that appears on the MAS website.
- Guest records are periodically exported and included in the mailing list unless you have specifically requested not to be in this list.
In accordance with the Spam Act 2003, and for related purposes:
- MAS does not send unsolicited e-mail messages;
- MAS does not purchase, sell or use third party distribution lists acquired through address-harvesting software;
- Recipients can unsubscribe from receiving email messages from MAS and Roma Explorers Inn at any time by clicking on the unsubscribe link located in the footer of every newsletter or via the Newsletters section of the site.
We reserve the right to use a third party email service provider to facilitate our newsletter marketing campaigns using the information described in this policy. They are not permitted to use your email address or share personal information for any other purpose.
We and our trusted third party service providers may, from time to time, use “cookies” to store your preferences, record session information and collect information on how you visit and access our web pages and newsletters. This information allows us to continually improve our services to provide you with a better overall experience.
Cookies are small files stored on your computer which allow us to recognise you when you return to our site. As well as allowing our booking process to remember which products you have selected, and to move through the various screens of the booking process.
We also use third party cookies to show you MAS advertisements on other websites (remarketing). Our advertisements on other websites may be based on destinations and products you have searched for or viewed on mas.com.au.
Most Internet browsers will be set to automatically accept cookies when installed. Cookies can be deleted from your computer at any time (see your internet browser’s help menu for more information).
It is possible to view all mas.com.au material without having cookies enabled however it is not possible to purchase without accepting these cookies.
Information collected by us
When you look at our website we will collect the following usage information. We use this for aggregated statistical purposes as well as to offer a better customer experience, such as improving the relevance of our marketing campaigns to newsletter subscribers:
- Your server address
- Your top level domain (for example .com, .gov, .au, .uk, etc)
- The date and time of your visit to the site
- The pages you accessed and the documents downloaded
- The previous site you have visited
- The type of web browser you are using
From time to time anonymous usage statistics are used by our third party advertising providers including to serve more relevant advertisements. Your PII is never shared with these third parties.
The information you provide when booking though Roma Explorers Inn is only used for:
- Fulfilling your order. This requires some of your information being passed to the third party supplier responsible for providing the service you have booked (e.g. passing on your booking details to a hotel partner), and
- Communicating with you about products and promotional offers which are relevant to your booking that we think may be of interest to you.
Roma Explorers Inn utilises a technology called SSL3 (Secure Sockets Layer) including 128bit encryption. Your credit card details are only used to fulfil your purchase or booking. They are not used for any other purpose and will never be supplied to a third party other than the supplier of the goods or services you have purchased for the purpose of processing your transaction.
To ensure the confidentiality of your PII, we use security technology and procedures that are regularly reviewed and updated.
We have also obtained a digital certificate from Thawte Server CA (part of the VeriSign group), an industry leader in the protection and management of data transmission.
When you send PII to us over the Internet, your data is protected by Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology to ensure safe transmission.